Are you like me and spend a fortune on name labels for your kids for school and kindy? I can't even count how many orders I have placed over the years for labels for THREE kids (because just having your surname is a no-no apparently). Plus they do tend to come off over time, or as in the case of one of my sons, they get picked off everything and you have to keep putting them on. Use permanent marker you say? Well, I guess that works sometimes, but I have found after a few washes permanent marker does fade into nothing which is a bit of a pain as you have to then keep writing names on things. And if you DON'T name things, they get lost in about a millisecond!
So.... you might get a little bit excited when I tell you there is a business that can permanently print your child's name on everything from dummies to drink bottles to lunch boxes and more. Name My Stuff is based here in Australia and sources the highest quality products to permanently print on.
I must admit I was a little unsure how it would work, but on receiving our Contigo Drink Bottle and putting it through its paces with washing in the dishwasher everyday, I can definitely say the printed name has not faded or rubbed off.
Each product has the name printed on it in a different spot according to what works best for that product. On the Contigo Drink Bottle it is right up on the handle part, quite unobtrusive but still obvious especially if sitting on a table with lots of other drink bottles at school or kindy.
A little note also about the Pink Contigo Autospout Bottle. My toddler LOVES it. She loves the handle to carry it, and likes drinking from the straw part. It is actually non-spill (have you noticed how many 'non-spill' bottles do leak?). And the parts I love as a Mum - you can wash the whole thing in the dishwasher, it is BPA free, there are no fiddly little bits to take in and out, and you can press the drinking spout down so it is protected from dirt and germs. It's really a winner and she is not interested in any of her other bottles now.
Name My Stuff is an absolutely amazing business idea, I love the option to now purchase permanently named things for my kids for school and kindy. The prices are all very affordable and I will be shopping there again soon as my sons are now nagging me for named drink bottles of their own!
Would you like to try out one of their products asap? Simply use the discount code "CheekyMonkey" for 10% off store-wide at Name My Stuff.
I also have a fabulous Personalised Contigo Autospout Drink Bottle to giveaway to one of our blog readers. They come in both pink and blue so you can choose which one you desire. Simply use the Rafflecopter form below and most of all, good luck :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
WINNER - KAZ
Disclaimer: A Contigo Drink Bottle was sent to us to review for this post. No payment was received and any opinions expressed are my own.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
Unless you are a midwife or other birth-related professional, there are some things that really come as a surprise when you have a baby. I know that when I had my kids, there were some things I just had NO idea about.... and was a little embarrassed about as I really didn't know if it was normal or not. The following points are things I personally wish I had know before having kids, it would have made the whole 'brand new baby' thing a whole lot easier!
- The genitals of both boys and girls are swollen after they are born. Well, you can sort of see with this one why no one really talks about it, but there we go. Due to excess fluid in the body and hormones, it is a little scary to see if you are not expecting it.
- When some babies are born they are really wrinkly (and ugly). When my second son was born his face was so squished and wrinkly I was downright embarrassed. Luckily it does disappear and smooth out after a few days or weeks. Likewise, some babies can be covered in hair when born... which would also be a bit freaky if you are not expecting it.
- Birthmarks are really common in newborns... about 80% have them in fact. Most fade eventually but others persist for a life-time.
- New babies are extremely time-consuming... and can take up literally ALL your time. Whether feeding them or burping them or rocking to stop the crying or just sitting looking at them, life with a newborn just doesn't leave much time for much else. And that's the way it should be, I believe women are programmed like that to allow for proper bonding between mummy and baby.
- There is a whole list of weird and wonderful skin conditions babies can have as newborns. One of my sons had the WORST skin I have ever seen, blotchy and red and sore looking. The paediatrician had some weird latin name for it, and luckily it went away after a few weeks. If your baby has less than perfect skin make sure to ask your midwife or doctor if it is something you are concerned about (better to be safe than sorry).
Did anything surprise you after the birth of your baby? Please share here so other Mums-to-be can have a read and not be surprised after the birth of their baby!