Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What I have learnt with my third child

I have learnt many many things along my journey with 3 children. But there is one thing that I have definitely learnt now I have come to number 3.

And that is that there is no rush for things. We seem to be in such a hurry to toilet train, to get them in a big bed, to get them talking, to get them reading.

But you know what? Who cares. What about enjoying the journey, and relishing the moments they are so small. Because it goes so very quickly.

With my third I am in no rush to toilet train, no rush to put her in kindy, no rush to turn her cot into a toddler bed. Because I know it will all happen with time. They all get there in the end.

I want to enjoy every precious moment with her. I'm by no means a perfect Mum, but where I wanted to rush everything along with my boys, I want to let my little girl find her own pace and her own way... and I think it will all work out in the end.


3 comments:

Kyra Howearth said...

I totally agree - this is something I have been thinking about lately with my 2nd - I rushed into things with my 1st, he was toilet trained by the time he was 2, and now that son #2 is 2 I was feeling he should be on his way to being toilet trained too. But each child is different and learns things in their own time...no point rushing and stressing out!

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

You are so right Kyra... it all leads to stress doesn't it when we think they are not doing things quick enough.. its so much easier on both child and Mum when we slow the pace down a bit :) Monique x

JOLI said...

I feel the same about my third child. Not only am I in no rush, I'm enjoying my time and savoring each moment. Time goes so quickly and before we know it they're 6 or 10 or 21.