Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What do you need in a Nappy Bag for a Newborn Baby?

What do you need in a Nappy Bag for a Newborn Baby?

I remember vividly when my first son was born nearly 9 years ago having so much trouble knowing what to put in the nappy bag!! It sounds silly now, but for a new Mum heading out the door with my new baby, I really didn't know what I would need while out and about. Now after 3 kids it is second nature, but I was looking through my nappy bag the other day and thought I really should put a blog post up with some suggestions of what is good to pack when heading out with your baby.

So, what things do you need to pack in your Nappy Bag when heading out the door with your newborn baby? Here is my list for an outing:

  • A nice roomy nappy bag! You always need more than you think you do!
  • Nappies - always keep quite a few in your nappy bag
  • Nappy sacks
  • Travel pack or 2 of wipes
  • Nappy rash cream if needed
  • Change mat (either a nice fabric padded one, or disposable ones if you prefer)
  • Bub's Comforter (I always keep one permanently in our nappy bag so I don't leave the house and forget it)
  • Muslin 
  • Blanket
  • Change of clothes for baby
  • Bibs and burp cloths
  • If Breastfeeding a privacy cover, or use your muslin
  • If Bottle-feeding, bottles already filled with boiled water, and a container with formula in (I take pre-warmed bottles in the insulated bottle packs)
  • A Sweet Dreameezz Black Muslin to drape over the pram when bub is asleep.
  • Dummy if you use one

6 comments:

Mum said...

Snacks for me, breastfeeding makes me super hungry!

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Yes, so true! :)

Bubsandbeans said...

A change of clothes for myself, as my children are reflux kids.

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Yes, nothing worse than getting around with spew up all over your shoulder ;-)

Melissa Sivell said...

This is a great list for new mums. :)

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thanks Melissa :)