Friday, January 31, 2014

Recipe: Apricot Satay Beef

I'll admit right away that I REALLY love satay. There are two downsides however - it is not the healthiest dish normally, and its not something my husband is too fussed on. So its not something I cook very often because the rest of the family turns their noses up at it, boohoo.

So I have been experimenting a bit, and I have come up with a dish that, while its not very pretty to look at, it satisfies the whole family... in fact everyone's plates are usually clean when I serve this.... yay!

It's also a favourite type of cooking of mine... throw everything in the slow cooker at once in the morning and then, tah-da! Serve it up at dinner time. So easy.

SLOW COOKER APRICOT SATAY BEEF

1kg diced gravy beef (my butcher has Wagyu gravy beef which is worth every cent, I recommend you try it if you can)
1/2 cup beef stock
1 can satay sauce
1 405g can apricot nectar
1 T red curry paste
1 packet French Onion Soup
Tin of diced tomatoes
1 onion, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
4-6 potatoes, peeled and diced (depending on size)

Put all ingredients in the slow cooker, give a quick stir, and cook on low in your slow cooker for at least 8 hours.

Serve on brown rice.

For a toddler - chop everything up small and serve.
For a baby - Blend a small amount of stew and rice with a little milk to desired consistency.





Some other posts and articles you might enjoy: 
Oh Baby
10 Things to do in the First Trimester
10 Things to do in the Second Trimester
What products do you really need for your newborn baby?
My top bathtime tips for a new baby
BubbaLog makes those first few weeks easy
5 Common Herbs to avoid during Pregnancy
5 Top Tips for using a Baby Comforter 

1 comment:

tinsenpup.net said...

Admittedly, it's not the most attractive meal, but that actually sounds really yummy. I'd have to adapt it for some special dietary needs we've got going on here, but I think it'd be easy enough.