Monday, October 21, 2013

Recipe: Ultimate Bean Salad

I call this recipe the Ultimate Bean Salad because it is SO delicious... also easy to make and great with any sort of meat whether BBQ or grilled chicken or Kebabs or fish.  I'm afraid I can't give credit where I got it from as I copied it out of something many years ago and have made my own tweaks along the way.  I hope you try it and love it as much as we do.

Ultimate Bean Salad

Ingredients:
400g tin 4 Bean Mix
400g tin Corn
1 red capsicum, diced up small
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 packet of Bean Sprouts (Mung Beans), well washed
1/3 to 1/2 cup Whole Egg Mayonnaise (or Coleslaw Dressing)
1/4 cup Raw Pecans or Walnuts

Method:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (except Pecans) so the mayonnaise nicely coats the salad ingredients. Once mixed sprinkle chopped nuts on top for decoration.




8 comments:

JOLI said...

Yum! and so simple.

JOLI said...

Yum! and so simple.

Amanda Lapthorne said...

Not a big bean fan, but that looks sensational. Will be trying that for my next BBQ salad

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

I'm sure you will love it Jodi and Mands! xx

Motivating Mum said...

Made it - loved it! Thanks Monique x

Motivating Mum said...

Made it - loved it! Thanks for the recipe Monique x

Kate Thompson said...

The ingredients look yum, I wonder if you could use tahini and lemon juice instead of mayo? Will have to give it a go :)

Blue Bird Internet Marketing said...

Yum! Great to see that beans are making a comeback - I have always loved them and my mum used to use them a lot when I was a teen - Glad to find this recipe through the Motivating Mum Blogging Carnival.