Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Review: AntiOx Chocolate and Snack Bars

I would like to begin this post by admitting I am a chocoholic.  I'm pretty sure I am addicted to it, and I know I would be about 10kg lighter if I didn't indulge so much!

So imagine my delight when approached to review the AntiOx Chocolate and Snack Bars!!  Yum yum, I never say no to chocolate.

However, once I received the parcel in the mail, I did some further reading about AntiOx Chocolate.  It is definitely not just any old chocolate.  Vitality Brands has traipsed the planet to bring you the best of ancient super fruits and grains: acai (pronounced ‘ah-sa-ee’) from Brazil, goji (go-jee) from the Himalayas, pomegranate from the Middle East, chia from Southern Mexico and Guatemala, and quinoa from across South America, to make products which are extremely high in anti-oxidants. They then incorporate these amazing food products into delicious sugar free 70% cocoa chocolate (which has high anti-oxidants itself).

There is scientific evidence of AntiOx Chocolates anti-oxidant levels.  The level is measured using Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC), which is an independent measure that rates the antioxidant value of all foods. As a guide, we need a daily ORAC intake of 3,500-5,000 units to stay healthy. AntiOx Snack Bars have an ORAC rating of 7,000, while AntiOx Chocolates have an ORAC value of 26,000 per 80g block. Combined with a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, AntiOx products can significantly boost your antioxidant intake.


The chocolate blocks are a solid block of rich dark sugar free chocolate, with the fruit bits within the chocolate.  Although sweetened with stevia, the chocolate is not very sweet, rather quite rich due to the dark chocolate.  It is delicious and certainly doesn't feel like you are eating a health food (unlike some of the other cardboard tasting healthy chocolate bars I have tried in the past!).


The Snack Bars are a wholegrain bar with the superfruits mentioned above, coated in sugar free dark chocolate.  These are really satisfying and very tasty.




I am pretty excited to now be able to satisfy my chocolate cravings, and not feel guilty about it!!  If you want to try them too, find them in the health food aisle of your local supermarket :-)

Disclaimer: I was sent a selection of AntiOx Chocolate to review.  No payment was received for this post and any opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Salz Darwiche said...

Healthy chocolate. I like the sound of that!
Thanks for linking with the wednesday review.

havealaughonme said...

I might have to get stuck in to this - chocolate this is healthy for you - YUMMO! Emily