Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Who remembers these?

Having a 13 month old Bub around the house means there is always a trail of emptied out drawers and shelves wherever she goes.  Which on one hand is a royal pain in the butt, but on the other hand it has given me a great excuse to empty out some drawers myself and have a good clean-out.

A couple of weeks ago she got into the bottom drawer of the filing cabinet in the office.  Which was definitely not a drawer she should have been into, but it kept her occupied for ages and I didn't have the heart to put a stop to it.  So we ended up cleaning this one out, and believe me when I say there was stuff piled in there from 25 years ago.


I filled up a big rubbish bag with all sorts of (to put it nicely) crap, and what did I find right at the bottom??


A Sanyo Portable Cassette Player!!!


Whoever thought there would be any of these left in existence!!! So now the question is, do I turf it, or do I keep it for a laugh??



FYI, I'm loving the cleaned out bottom drawer of my filing cabinet now.  Extension cords and adaptors easily to hand, and all the batteries safely in a clip top box so little hands can't get ahold of them.  Fantastic! ;-)


Some other posts you may enjoy reading:
10 Things to do in the First Trimester
10 Things to do in the Second Trimester
10 Things to do in the Third Trimester
Your Cheeky Monkey Review at Hip Little One
What products do you really need for your newborn baby?


Having a Baby?
Check out our Hospital Bag Checklist

8 comments:

Janet Camilleri said...

Oh yes! I bought the hubster one of these for his birthday many years ago, so he could listen to his fave music on the commute to work each day.

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

I used to use mine all the time Janet! Never made the transition to CD's ipods etc very well I'm afraid ;-)

Sunshine Mumma (Mands) said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe little miss is 13 months. I spent 6 hours cleaning out the study and filing draws etc the other day and it so much easier to access it all. I thought I found a blast from the past when I found a sony discman but this definitely goes back further

Yvette @ Little Bento Blog said...

My husband has a cupboard full of gadgets that are from the 80/90s! And won't throw them away..

I was a lover of VHS and it took me a long time to go to DVDs infact probably bought my first dvd in 2009! Now its all on harddrives!

#TUST visiting :)

Annaleis Topham said...

I just remember this stage. I had just realised I had to lock everything up. We had locks on doors, cupboards and the fridege. We had quite a few egg incidents!

Visiting from #TUST

Annaleis - Blogs and PR Team Member

Tegan Churchill said...

How awesome to find that at the bottom of your filing cabinet!

homelealass.com said...

You've got to keep the walkman, it's a piece of your history.

trishie said...

I haven't seen a cassette player for years!!! Or cassettes for that matter. Does it still work? I reckon you should just keep it...

PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html