Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recipe: Papaya Banana & Buttermilk Cake #papayaOz

Papaya Banana & Buttermilk Cake


Ingredients:

125g Butter, well softened
1 ripe Banana, mashed
200g mashed Papaya or Pawpaw flesh
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Method:

Place all ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer.



Mix 30 seconds at low speed to combine.  Scrape bowl down then mix for 1 minute at medium speed (if you don't have a stand mixer use a large bowl and electric beater or food processor).



Scrape batter into cake pan of your choice (I like to use my Tupperware Silicone Mould for all my cakes as it doesn't require greasing or lining with baking paper).


Bake 45 minutes at 180 deg C (or until a skewer comes out clean).


Serve warm with cream, or cold as a normal cake.  Great for school lunches!  Oh, and I never ice cakes as I find with children they always end up eating the icing and not the cake ;-)

I have created this recipe to take part in the #papayaOz promotion over at CRAP Mamma

4 comments:

Jacqui Honeywood said...

Oh my gosh that looks divine!! Thanks for sharing your recipe and thanks for entering the comp. Good luck! Jac (CRAP Mamma) :-)

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thanks Jac! xx

Cate said...

Great idea about not icing!!

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Cake looks fantastic. I haven't been icing cupcakes lately and the kids polish them off no worries too :)