Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: aden+anais

If you have had a baby in the last few years, you will without a doubt have heard of aden+anais.  You might have been given one of their muslins as a baby gift, or even bought one yourself.  The brand is based around the Australian tradition of using cotton muslin for babies, and has turned into a cult brand known around the world and used by many celebrities.  Raegan Moya-Jones, co-founder of aden+anais is actually an Australian, however started the brand in the USA when pregnant with her first child.

We all know aden+anais have the lovely muslin swaddles and blankets for newborns, but did you know they have products suitable for older babies as well?  My 12 month old and I have been road-testing some lately... and we love them all!

The Cot Sheet and Dream Blanket have been.... well.... Dreamy.  The cot sheet comes in a single pack of just an elasticated bottom sheet.  It is (naturally) made of muslin, and is a nice generous size for all cot mattresses.  The Dream Blanket is a heavenly 4 layers of Muslin, and a fantastic 1.2 x 1.2m size.  This allows you to comfortably tuck it into the cot on both sides to keep Bub nicely tucked in.  Although I am used to using a top sheet, I have not found one necessary with this set-up for daytime naps as the blanket is big enough to tuck in, and soft enough on babies skin that you don't need a sheet between it and your baby.  As you can see below, my little one looks very happy asleep in her muslin.  Plus the Dream Blanket can be used anywhere else your little one wants to cuddle up... reading a book, in front of the TV, and don't forget to take it if you are travelling as a perfect all round blanket.


Also perfect for older babies are the Cozy Sleeping Bags from aden+anais.  The Cozy Sleeping Bags are (like the Dream Blankets) 4 layers of muslin, perfect to keep your baby warm on cold nights.  The last few nights my daughter has slept really well, I think the muslin is keeping her at the perfect temperature all night.  Even if it has warmed up a bit during the night she hasn't stirred as the muslin creates a little cocoon that breathes and allows for more fluctuation of temperature than other traditional sleeping bags.  We are definitely addicted to this one, and might have to buy another as winter goes on to allow for washing and drying times (I don't like putting muslin in the dryer as it goes all wrinkly and distorted).

My daughter is shown below in the Large size (12-18 months), which as you can see is a nice generous sizing even though she is on the large rather than small scale for a 12 month old.  I would say this will definitely do us right through winter.  I also like the design in that the armholes are not gaping like some other brands we have used, and the front zipper is very fine with a top flap under her chin so it doesn't annoy her whatever position she ends up in.  We highly recommend this sleeping bag for babies of all ages.




And last but definitely not least we have also been using the mum + bub hair + body wash.  Where do I start with this?  Luxurious enough for me, but gentle and nourishing enough for my baby.  I LOVE the multi-use aspects of this product.  One bottle in the shower to use for my body wash and my daughters shampoo and body wash... perfect.  It leaves her skin very soft and smells absolutely divine.  Containing pawpaw for its amazing properties, I don't know how I managed without this product before!  Life is so busy for me at the moment with 3 children and 2 businesses, I am currently showering with my 12 month old to save time and do 2 jobs in one (rather than bathing her early then not getting a chance to shower myself until about 9 pm).  When we both jump in the shower together after her dinner, I sit her on the floor to play with bath toys while I wash myself, then soap her up, rinse off and we are done!  So as you can see, this hair + body wash fits into our lifestyle perfectly.




Looking for the aden+anais swaddling muslins for babies?  Find a gorgeous range of organic aden+anis muslin wraps right here.

Finally a big thank you to aden+anais for generously sending me the above goodies to review... I hope you end up trying some of them out, I am sure you will love them as much as we do!


Disclaimer: I received one of each of the above products to review and blog about, no payment was received for this post, and any opinions expressed are my own.

10 comments:

Janet Camilleri said...

I used to swear by the sleeping bag thingies when my kids were bubs. These look like lovely products.

Kyla @ Three Quarters Full said...

I'm a big fan of the bamboo swaddles from aden+anais, D is three now and still uses them as capes or picnic blankets in playtime plus they make a great light covering for those really hot nights.

Yvette @ Little Bento Blog said...

I love muslin cloths - never heard of Aden + Anais.. wish I had now!!

visiting via TUST :)

Annaleis Topham said...

I love muslin swaddled and was lucky enough to have a few Eden + Anais ones. Lovely review.

Annaleis - Blogs and PR Team Members

Salz Darwiche said...

They look lovely and very comfy. And your bubs is so gorgeous. I'll make sure I keep an eye out for them when shopping for my sister in law and new niece.

Salz Darwiche said...

And thanks for linking up to The Wednesday Review over on my blog.

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Yes they are so lovely everyone! Gorgeous products.

Salz, you can find the aden+anais organic muslins in our store too:

http://www.yourcheekymonkey.com.au/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=MuslinsWrapsBunnyRugs&Sub=92&isThumbs=Yes&Thumbs=100

xxx

Elise Ellabban said...

I came on over from Salz linky - I LOVE muslin products and that Dream Blanket looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing xx

Robyn de Beer (Mrs D) said...

I've never heard of this brand before but they all look so gorgeous! I absolutely hate flat cot sheets and when I was trying to find sheets with the elasticated corners there were just none - so I ended up ordering from the UK. If only I had known about these ones. Love the look of the blanket too - I think I might have to pay them a visit xx

havealaughonme said...

We only use ph neutral products also on our kids and for the first six months didn't use baby wipes on their gentle bums! My kids grew up in sleeping bags, no worries about whether they would get cold or not! Emily via Blogs and PR TUST :)