Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Recipe: Asparagus Fish

I have to start off by giving complete credit for this recipe to my Mum and Gran.  This is a dish we grew up with, and it is not only extremely yummy, it is super easy and suitable for the whole family (its great to blend or mash up for baby too).  The ingredients can be easily kept on hand ready for when you have some fresh fish.

With a baby on the move about the house, I dislike cooking on the stove at the moment, so this is a great alternative to still be able to eat fish.

ASPARAGUS FISH

Boneless fish fillets or steaks for number of persons required (I used snapper the other night)
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 tin of asparagus spears and liquid (you can use either whole spears or a tin of the asparagus pieces)
1/2 cup white wine (optional) (I have also used sparkling wine)
30g butter
Salt and pepper
1 packet dry mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk (or more if not using wine)
Spring onion, chopped (suit to taste)

Set oven to 180 deg C.

Place fish pieces in shallow dish.

Mix together liquid from asparagus, mushroom soup, lemon juice, milk and wine, and pour over fish.

Season with salt and pepper and dot with butter.

Place in oven for 20 minutes, then add spring onion and asparagus.

Bake another 10 minutes (or more depending on thickness of fish).

Serve over mashed potato.

YUM!


Some other posts you might enjoy:
Oh Baby
10 Things to do in the First Trimester
10 Things to do in the Second Trimester
What products do you really need for your newborn baby?
My top bathtime tips for a new baby

8 comments:

Janet Camilleri said...

Sounds nice and easy - unfortunately I hate all seafood - I wonder how it would work with say, chicken?

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

it would be nice with chicken! asparagus chicken... yum! :)

Annaleis Topham said...

I have a new love of asparagus that I never had before! It sounds lovely. Just wish it was easy to source fresh asparagus out here.

Annaleis - Blogs and PR Team Member

Cooker and A Looker said...

I LOVE asparagus. At the risk of sounding uncouth - how good is tinned asparagus on toast? :)

visiting via TUST

Mine and me said...

That sounds delish! Both of my children love fish and my husband is obsessed with asparagus in dishes- winning! Linking up through Blogs and PR_ Talk to us Thursday.

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Ahh I see there is some other asparagus lovers out there hehe. thank ladies! Monique x

Rebecca Mugridge said...

Sounds gorgeous!

Rhonda - Silly Mummy said...

Yum, I love fish, bring it on anytime!