So my mission lately has been to hunt down some first birthday gifts for her. And can I tell you how much fun I am having doing this after 2 boys? We do have a bit of a girly and pink overload but I'm sure that's ok! These are some of the ideas I have been collating for our little darlings first birthday:
- A doll which is safe for a baby.
- A box of Lego Duplo with pink pieces in it. She already adores playing with the Duplo with her big brothers... but we definitely need some girly touches now.
- Some groovy shoes and boots for winter. As she is a girl, I already know shoes will be a big factor in her life, so we might as well start early.
- A beautiful engraved bracelet. This is more for sentimental reasons, I still have my baby bracelet and its something I definitely want to continue the tradition with.
- A trike. The boys used their one to death so I already know one of these will be a great investment. But this one will be pink or purple of course.
- Books. I really like the box sets you can get that come with a matching soft toy... such good gift ideas. They are generally good value too.
- A Sophie the Giraffe House - she already loves her Sophie and this gorgeous toy will be her first 'dolls' house to play with.
I can't wait until next month to celebrate her first birthday... keep an eye out for the post with the pink cupcakes in it ;-)