Saturday, February 16, 2013

Gift ideas for a Girls 1st Birthday

I'm totally shocked to tell you that it is my baby girls 1st birthday soon.  It seems like a few weeks ago I was introducing her to you.

So my mission lately has been to hunt down some first birthday gifts for her.  And can I tell you how much fun I am having doing this after 2 boys?  We do have a bit of a girly and pink overload but I'm sure that's ok!  These are some of the ideas I have been collating for our little darlings first birthday:

  1. A doll which is safe for a baby. 
  2. A box of Lego Duplo with pink pieces in it.  She already adores playing with the Duplo with her big brothers... but we definitely need some girly touches now.
  3. Some groovy shoes and boots for winter.  As she is a girl, I already know shoes will be a big factor in her life, so we might as well start early.
  4. A beautiful engraved bracelet.  This is more for sentimental reasons, I still have my baby bracelet and its something I definitely want to continue the tradition with.
  5. A trike.  The boys used their one to death so I already know one of these will be a great investment.  But this one will be pink or purple of course.
  6. Books.  I really like the box sets you can get that come with a matching soft toy... such good gift ideas.  They are generally good value too.
  7. A Sophie the Giraffe House - she already loves her Sophie and this gorgeous toy will be her first 'dolls' house to play with.


I can't wait until next month to celebrate her first birthday... keep an eye out for the post with the pink cupcakes in it ;-)

9 comments:

Annaleis Topham said...

You are organised. Have you seen the box of Duplo that makes cakes. So very cute and very girly! My nearly 4 year old still loves it! Thanks for linking up with #TUST

Annaleis - Blogs and PR Team Member

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thanks Annaleis! I think girls love lego as much as boys ;-)

Eleise Hale said...

So organised! I love duplo, one of my daughters most played with toy!

Narelle Heath said...

Sounds like she's going to have a great first birthday! We got our daughter her first pram when she turned 1 to push her first baby around in! Just what she needed to get walking everywhere.

havealaughonme said...

Bless - that all sounds so gorgeous! I only got my 3rd born one new present. I hope she had a LOVELY day!
Emily
Visiting via Blogs and PR

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

ooh should mention some of these are from the grandparents too! but can you tell i'm a tad excited ;-) Love the pram idea too, I think I'll put that one down for next Christmas! x

Tegan Churchill said...

The first birthday is so exciting! Although now that I have kids I find it so much harder to buy for other peoples kids lol. I always look at toys and think, if someone bought my son that I would kill them.
My granny still has the duplo set I got when I was little. I used to play with it all the time. That and my tonka dump truck ;)

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Hehe I know what you mean Tegan, some of the things my sons get given I get quite upset about! Like guns or really noisy instruments!

Yvette @ Little Bento Blog said...

A year already!? Gosh time does go fast!!! What a great organised list you have there!! I think a doll and lego are great ideas!!!


#TTUT was here :)