Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Review: Usborne 1001 Things To Spot Series

If you ever read my blog at all, you will know I have 2 sons, currently aged 5 and 6.  A while ago, I purchased a book entitled "1001 Bugs to Spot" for them.

Well, I have to say, I have never seen my children spend so long studying and enjoying a book in your life!  I have subsequently, over a period of time, purchased many books in the series from The Book Depository (which has free shipping worldwide, no matter the size of your order!).  They love the books so much they are even enjoying the "Fairyland" book hehe.

There is a huge number of titles in the series, each one as good as the last.  The 2 images below show just 2 of the books (I just ordered the Monster book, can't wait for it to arrive).



How the books work is that on each page there is a large picture, along with a specific number of 'things' to find in that picture.  So even if your child can't read yet, they can still use these books without your help.  I just love these books, because they really get their minds thinking, while being fun at the same time. 


So, I really can't recommend these books highly enough for either boys or girls, of any age. Plus they are so affordable at around $12 each with free shipping if you get them from The Book Depository. 


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Disclaimer: This is a book review conducted by myself simply because we love the series! 

6 comments:

Amanda Lapthorne said...

The books look great Monique, I might have to get some for my boys. I also love the book depository I have been getting uni textbooks for half the price I would pay at the uni book shop

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Its great isn't it Amanda!!

Judi said...

My two children have always loved books like this. We have a few of the photographic collection "I Spy" series that they loved also. It is great to encourage a love of reading in children at a young age. Great blog post.

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thank you Judi :) I will have to find the I Spy books too, they sound great!

JohBD said...

Monique you've given me some great ideas for books for my boys. What a find!

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thanks Joh!