Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Product Review: five:am yogurt

Here at YCM headquarters, we are all very big eaters of yogurt.  We eat it every day in fact.  So I was really happy to try out the range of five:am organic yogurts when offered a chance to do so.  I had never tried this range of yogurt, probably because I usually shop at Coles and five:am is stocked at Woolworths and other small health food shops.

A bit of background about the brand - The milk used is sourced from Australian family run farms (one of the farms is run by fourth generation family farmers), is made in their Australian factory and is delivered to healthy Australians with as low food miles as possible. The yogurt is free from all the usual unpronounceable nastiness – and that means absolutely no chemical pesticides, synthetic fertilizers or antibiotics. Five:am yogurt is suitable for everyone - even babies and young children, and pregnant and breastfeeding Mums.

So, what's the verdict?  The whole five:am range received a big tick of approval from all of us.  The boys loved the fruit styles ('Mango' and 'Strawberry'), and while I thought I would like the fruit ones best, I actually liked 'Vanilla Bean' and 'Honey and Cinnamon' flavors the most.  The yogurt has a lovely texture, is beautifully thick and rich, and has a tendency to only last in the fridge for a few hours.  And you can even wash and re-use the handy plastic tubs with lids!

As a final note, be sure to pop on over and have a look at the five:am website - there is lots more information about the brand, and quite a few very yummy recipes to try out :-)


I received a Woolworths gift card to purchase the range of five:am organic yogurts try out and review if I so wished.  I have not been paid for this review and any opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: