Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bringing back memories of losing my own baby teeth

My oldest son (aged 6 1/2) currently has 2 very wobbly front top teeth, so is finding it hard to bite into food at the moment.

The other day I found myself cutting up his toast into bite size pieces (that's jam and cheese on it if you were wondering), and I had the strongest memories come flooding back of my own Mum cutting up my toast for me like this when I was little.

Isn't it funny how the smallest things can bring back things you haven't thought of in many many years!!

1 comment:

Joli said...

It's interesting that you cut up the toast the same way your mother used to. The things we learn from our parents. My mum didn't cut our toast so it wouldn't occur to me to do this.
I kept my 1st son's baby teeth as they fell out. He actually doesn't know this and yet he said he would be keeping his children's baby teeth too.