It's so exciting seeing all the pregnancy announcements from friends and through social media at the moment. But it has got me thinking that usually by the time most people announce their news, a whole third of the pregnancy has passed!
The first trimester of pregnancy can be a bit of a funny time for Mums. While knowing you are pregnant, most don't like to share the news with others until after the first trimester ends (and the risk of miscarriage sharply decreases). Even though you know you are pregnant and might be suffering pregnancy issues like morning (or should I say all day) sickness, sore boobs, etc, no-one can tell yet that you are growing a little baby inside you. Having said that, why not take time out to enjoy this special time, and cherish your secret for a while before you tell the world.
Once you find out you are pregnant, there is lots you can do to start enjoying your baby and preparing for the months ahead.
1. Find a nice organic herbal tea especially for the first trimester or morning sickness, and drink instead of your regular tea or coffee.
2. Start a diary of your pregnancy journey. This could include starting to make lists of baby things you will need. There are basically 3 types of things you can list - Essentials/Safety items, the maybe items, and luxury items (check out one of my other articles What products do you really need for your newborn baby?)
3. Start using a massage oil each day on your tummy to help combat any stretch marks and dryness that may start appearing. There are some really lovely organic ones around these days especially for pregnancy (be sure to use one that is definitely safe for pregnancy).
4. Start using a prenatal multi-vitamin and mineral supplement if you are not already.
5. Buy or borrow from the library some cookbooks and nutrition guides especially for pregnancy.
6. Start looking for maternity clothes on sale, and pick up a bargain here and there.
7. Read a good book or take a nap if you feel like it.
8. Sign up for some pregnancy week-by-week email newsletters.
9. Buy a couple of comfy new bra's with no underwires to support those poor aching and rather larger boobs!
10. And finally, just enjoy everyday and don't wish the time away. Pregnancy is such an amazing precious time that really does go by so very quickly.
And if you are reading this because you are indeed pregnant, I wish you all the very best for your own pregnancy journey and the exciting months ahead!
Click here to shop online at Your Cheeky Monkey for all your newborn baby needs!