Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cellnique Review

A couple of weeks ago I received in the mail a couple of skin products from Cellnique to try out.  So after some days of using them here are my thoughts:

The Skin Action Sebum Gel is for all skin types to reduce blackheads and whiteheads, and to reduce oil secretion.  This product is not really suited to my skin as I don't really have problems in this area, but I can have a bit of an oily t-zone (mainly in Summer in the hot weather).  So, I can't really comment on it's effect on blackheads and whiteheads, and I didn't really notice any difference in sebum - however, it has been very hot here in Queensland lately so I'm not sure any product at all would affect the sweaty oiliness you get each day here.  I also have to admit I am very lazy when it comes to skincare and usually only cleanse and moisturise, any other steps in my skincare usually get forgotten about! 

If you would like to try a sample of this product you can register over at their website and mention http://www.yourcheekymonkey.blogspot.com/ when you are asked 'Where did you hear about us' (T&C: Offer 50 samples and ends on the 16th March 2011 with sample delivery within 4 – 6 weeks. Substitutions of sample will be made if sample is out-of-stock).

The Intensive Hydrating Oasis Gel is described as a highly concentrated aloe vera based skin soothing and calming formulation.  This product didn't have any instructions on how to use it at all on the packet/bottle or any sort of insert, so I had to go to their website to find out more.  You actually use it as a moisturizer after cleansing and toning (I assumed it was more of a treatment gel than an everyday product).  I liked this product, it was nice to use in the Qld heat as its a gel, especially after a day in the sun.  I'm not sure about winter though when I do prefer more of a comforting cream.

Both these products had a very light gel texture and a nice pleasant smell.  When on the skin the products soaked right in and didn't leave any oiliness behind. 

If you are interested in hearing more about Cellnique you can also join their facebook page to stay up to date with their news.

No comments: