Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nothing to blog about

The events here in Queensland the past week or so have been very overwhelming.  Statistics are showing 75% of Queenslanders have been affected by the floods, which is just mind boggling.  So many things feel rather insignificant right now, I can honestly say my children have been getting a lot of cuddles and kisses, the families that lost loved ones in the floods (especially children) are particularly on my mind.  I really have nothing to write about right now with all this going on.

I, like so many other Australians, am contributing where I can.  But every little bit counts, and lots of little bits add up to a lot!

The picture below was taken by my husband of the Ipswich Motorway.  It's so hard to imagine such massive areas being underwater.


But one thing I can truly say is that right now I am so proud to be an Australian xx

No comments: