Monday, December 27, 2010

My Top Reading List of All Time

A recent tidy-up in our household got me putting aside all my favorite books to re-read over the Summer, so I thought I would share my top reading list of all time with you.
  • The Earth's Children Series by Jean M. Auel.  Of course beginning with "Clan of the Cave Bear" (1984), there is currently 5 books in the series.  The sixth and final book "The Land of Painted Caves" is due out in March 2011, which is very exciting if you have, like me, followed each book as it has been released over the past 27 years.
  • The Harry Potter Series.  I love reading these, and feel distinctly sad there is no more in the series to look forward to.
  • Each and every book by Barbara Erskine.  I own them all and quite regularly go back and read one or another of them.  The latest is "Time's Legacy" and is a must read if you haven't already.
  • The 'Temperance Brennan' series by Kathy Reichs.  Each year I also buy the new novel in this series.
  • The 'China Bayles' series by Susan Wittig Albert.  This series began in 1992 with 'Thyme of Death' and I have avidly awaited the next herbal mystery each year.  Although I don't own these books (they are from the USA and you can't very often find them in bookstores here) I am always getting them from the library to re-read. 
  • 'The Sunbird' by Wilbur Smith.  I think this is my favorite Wilbur Smith novel ever.  This was first published in 1972, my copy was printed in 1978 and is looking very fragile from all the readings over the years.  I think I love this because (like most Barbara Erskine novels) the story comprises 2 tales linked over time.
Well they are some of my favorite reads of all time, feel free to share yours with me here on this post.  I'd love to discover some amazing new books!

No comments: