Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas Gift ideas for Young and Old

Well I'm trying to be organised and have started my Christmas shopping, I don't know about you but I'm a very practical sort of person (being a Capricorn), so I like most gifts I buy or make to have a usable and practical element about them.  Here are some of my ideas for Christmas gifts (including some ideas for those that are hard to buy for):
  • Get in the kitchen and start cooking.  One of my faves to make for gifts is Rum Balls, but you could also try something like Christmas Puddings to make and package up nicely to give.  Foodstuffs you have made yourself are great gifts for grandparents and men.
  • Colin over at Super Parents has mentioned recently that he doesn't like his kids to receive too many Christmas presents.  I'm in total agreement with that sentiment, and like him we give our kids a mix of things just for fun as well as things they need.  This year I think swim toys will be big for us, and they have on their wish lists things from Ben 10, Transformers and Lego.
  • I love the post Melissa from Business Mums has recently written about Charity Gifts for Christmas gifts, and I think its a fab idea. If you need to purchase corporate gifts for your business this is definitely one area to look into.
  • I just love the cute Kids Christmas Mug and Finger Puppet Gift Sets I have listed in-store - very cute, but very practical!  Great gift idea for a pre-schooler if you don't want to get into all the licensed things.
  • Jewelery is always a special option for that Mum, wife or girlfriend in your life.  If you are not sure what to buy I noticed a link to a Style Tips page over at the Annette Piper Jewelery blog - lots of great tips and ideas on face shapes, a persons style etc.
  • Who needs to buy gifts for teachers?  This year I am getting Sample Packs from Green Tea Frog for each of my boys kindy classes for the teachers to divvy up between themselves.  I usually struggle with what to get for their teachers (that doesn't end up costing a fortune), and I think these are a perfect idea.
  • If anyone has a tiny Bubba to buy for, what about Sophie the Giraffe - I am just passionate about Sophie and the range of Organic Baby Gift Sets currently out.  Sophie is a true icon, and is made from natural rubber, plus babies LOVE Sophie!
Feel free to share any of your Christmas Gift ideas here, I love hearing what other people like to buy and make and hopefully getting some more inspiration for my Christmas shopping too!



Other Christmas links:
Christmas Gift Ideas
Loving Christmas Crafts
Christmas Music
Photo Christmas Cards

3 comments:

Annette Piper said...

Thanks for the mention Monique! The style tips are a great resource :)

Maxabella said...

Great wrap up Monique!! x

Mónica Araúz said...

Buena idea!