Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Loving Christmas Crafts

I'm going to do it.  Say the C word.... just don't shoot me!!

Yes, its creeping up on us - Christmas, that is.  About this time of year we all break out the lists of Christmas gifts to buy, and start worrying about family feuds on Christmas day.  Also a bit daunting can be the very real and scary issue of having kids a bit older who no longer believe in Santa... what on earth do you do to stop them telling the younger kids and spoiling the Christmas fun for them?  Check out the Santa Claus Club, it is truly a wonderful invention!

But there is two things I love doing about this time of year.  Firstly is working on getting a nice photo of my 2 boys together. I LOVE LOVE doing photo Christmas Cards with my sons, it's really a highlight of my year getting the photo and making up cards - in thinking about it, it really is a bit of a tradition for me now as I have done it every year since my first son was born.  Thought I would share with you the picture below that DIDN'T make it into the Christmas cards a couple of years ago.

I also like to start planning some Christmas crafts right about now.  Whether making a fabric tree skirt or a table runner, crocheting a new Christmas tea towel topper, making some baby Christmas Applique Singlets, or getting the kids to help me make some new tree decorations. 

This Christmas craft project that I found is going to be first on my list this year - this is SO COOL to use up some of your old Christmas cards (if you are like me and always keep them all) - a Recycled Christmas Card Basket - can't wait to get stuck into some of these!

And to get you all in the mood here's some Christmas Music hehe.

What do you start planning for Christmas at this time of year??

Also see:
Using up the Christmas Ham

External Links:
Keeping a Gift Closet
Christmas is Coming

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I've already put some gifts on Layby - in the toy sales.
I don't understand why that photo didn't make it in.... hehehe

Kelly said...

Love it Mon... And LOVE that photo. hehe

Annette Piper said...

I've already done my Christmas postcards. Considering I left it to the last minute last year, I feel its quite an achievement!

babygalah said...

Yay! I'm not the only one getting excited about Christmas in August! I could try and say that I am just preparing for the Christmas markets but really it's because I'm still a big kid and LOVE Christmas !
Great post Monique !

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thanks everyone for your gorgeous comments :-D

Tina Gray said...

Love the photo, Mon :)

I really think I need to teach myself how to crochet. The crochet topped tea towels are costing me a fortune each year!