Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Busy busy week

The Connect 2 Mums Conference and Ausmumpreneur Awards was held over the weekend in Brisbane.  I had such a wonderful time seeing old friends and meeting lots of new Mums in business, and have come home with lots of lists of things to work on for my business.  Sadly I didn't win the Handmade Mumpreneur Award, but it was certainly fun to be up there on stage with the other amazing finalists!  A big congratulations to Antonette Golikidis of Little Innoscents who won the Ausmumpreneur of the Year Award.  I'm sure it is going to be a fantastic year for Antonette with this recognition of her business achievements.

It was wonderful to come home on Sunday to my family, its always fun to go away but even nicer to arrive home I always think.  I also came home to lots of orders which was nice, so Monday was a very busy day making up lots of TagNCuddle Tag Comforters, packing orders and sending them out.  Melissa at Business Mums has just blogged about location, which got me thinking - I try and be as transparent as I can for my business (without advertising my home address as I have a home based business), and one thing I am happy to do for customer is arrange for customer pick up for those on the Gold Coast so locals don't have to pay for post if they don't want to.  Lately I have included "Gold Coast" through my website quite a lot, and now that google is picking up on it I am getting many telephone calls and emails from local ladies arranging to pick up their orders.  So, if you live on the Gold Coast don't forget I am always happy to offer this service.


The weather has been divine the last couple of days here on the Gold Coast, I totally agree with Annette that Spring certainly seems to be on its way no matter what part of the country you are in!

And to finish off this post, here is my latest Handmade Bunny Rug ~ Cheeky Monkies just for your own cheeky little monkey!  It's just so cute, I'm getting seriously clucky at the moment with all the gorgeous baby products around!!

2 comments:

Kylie B said...

Awww, that is soo cute! Love it!

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thanks Kylie :)