Sunday, June 27, 2010

Delicious Muesli Slice Recipe

A while ago I saw a recipe for a Choc Chip Muesli Slice Recipe posted on Planning with Kids - Muesli Slice is something I love but have never cooked much, so I thought I would give this one a whirl as it looked so easy.  Well, I can't even tell you the number of times I have made this now - it is a firm family favorite, and I'd love to share my version of it with you.

Muesli Slice Recipe
  • 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1 packet milk chocolate bits
  • 1/2 cup sultanas
  • 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar (or I substitute Organic Coconut Palm Sugar - which is delicious!)
  • 2/3 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 cup canola or olive oil
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.  Line tray with baking paper.
  2. In a large bowl place oats, coconut, choc bits, sultanas and sugar.
  3. Sift plain flour and baking powder into mixture in bowl.
  4. Into bowl put oil, milk and egg and with a large cooking spoon mix all together well.
  5. Tip into prepared pan and press mixture into pan.  (**Tip - have a glass of water and use a metal spoon - dip spoon into water and press mixture evenly into pan.  Whenever spoon sticks to mixture dip it in the water again.  Then smooth over top).
  6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until top is golden.
  7. Allow slice to stand in the pan for 15 minutes, and roughly cut before it cools completely and hardens.
  8. Store in air tight container.
I have made a couple of adjustments of my own to this recipe, like adding sultanas, and using the Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, it seems a very flexible recipe and I'm sure you can adjust it too to your family tastes.


Related Posts:
Best ever Zucchini Slice Recipe
Mock KFC Twisters

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks really yummy! I'm glad you were able to use the coconut sugar in such a great recipe!
And thanks for mentioning my post!
I'll have to try this out!

Annette Piper said...

That looks scrumptious Mon!

Blanky4me.com said...

Yum! Book marked and shared. Can't wait to make it now :)