Over at the Your Cheeky Monkey Facebook page we are very nearly at 1,000 fans! What an achievement, and thank you to everyone who is a fan - I appreciate your support. Talking about facebook, quite often when I visit someone else's fanpage I sometimes find it very hard to find the URL link to the website for that fanpage. Which sort of defeats the purpose! So make sure your business is easy to get to from your facebook page, you never know when someone is trying to click through to purchase something! This post at the Business Mums Blog has some other great tips also about things to do on your business facebook page. I also wrote a blog post a while ago HERE about some of my thoughts on using facebook.
As I have mentioned in a previous post, the Connect 2 Mums Ausmumpreneur Awards and Conference is coming up. We are nominated in 2 divisions - "Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year" and "Handmade Mumpreneur of the Year". So over the next couple of weeks I will have my head down and bottom up working very hard on the nomination forms! Its very exciting to see all the other wonderful businesses which are being nominated too. The awards night is going to be SO much fun... I have already bought a gorgeous black Charlie Brown dress for the night, but really need some blingy earrings to jazz up the look... I think I saw the perfect pair for me on this post at the Annette Piper Jewelery Blog - Annette must have designed these just for me I think!!
Other exciting news is that I have been accepted to be published in a beautiful book called "Handmade Living" which will be out at the end of the year. All my work is already submitted so now it is just a matter of waiting to see the finished book! If you would like to read more about the book you can visit the Handmade Living Blog.
There is a MEGA GIVEAWAY over at the Handmade Cooperative - Handmade for Kids Blog ~ there is 2 giveaways a day for another week or so, make sure you pop over there and get some entries in to win some gorgeous handmade kids products!! I am giving away a girls mini tote so keep an eye out if you would like to win one of my bags.
Finally, as you all know I always like to say a big thank you to anyone I win a prize from. I have to admit I have been rather slack doing this for quite a while, so here are all the amazing prizes I have won over the last few months.... And THANK YOU again to everyone that has so generously conducted these prize draws.
- A gorgeous elephant soft toy from Krystie at the Inspired by Children Blog (Woddlebots)
- A handmade dog collar for my boxer China from a facebook giveaway from Marly Ford Creations
- A copy of the Kids Issue of Mixtape Magazine also from a facebook giveaway from Kid Independent
- At a Connect 2 Mums Friday Night Chat hosted by Nik of Wholesale Baby I won a gorgeous pair of funky Styl-Us shoes for my son!
- A new storybook for my boys from a facebook giveaway from The Little Big Book Club (which is a non-profit organisation to promote reading, the discussion of books, and the promotion of Australian authors and illustrators)
- A pack of Dove products from the A Dose of Dannie Blog!! Which will all come in very handy.
A big thank you again to everyone.... & keep an eye out on this space, its time for me to pay it forward and have a giveaway of my very own soon! Monique xx