Monday, April 5, 2010

Young kids playing Scarface - Is it funny to you?



I actually saw a blurb for this You Tube video in my local paper. It is, apparently, a school play of Scarface. Many comments have been posted this is not a school play, but regardless of this or not there is still adults involved.

Now, I have to question whether I am living in the dark ages and if I am WAY behind the times, because I find this so inappropriate and disturbing. There are so many adult themes contained in this short 2 minute sketch. And I wonder why people think it is FUNNY to have young children re-enact this sort of thing.

Some of the issues to me include sexualization of young children, drugs, violence, swearing, and making criminals seem cool. Granted, a lot of it would be right over these kids heads but still that just makes you realise the adults have put them up to it. Because I really can't imagine kids of this age actually watching 'Scarface' let alone understanding it.

Why can't we let our children stay children? Why do they need to be exposed to these issues so early just for the humor of some idiotic adults?

5 comments:

Lunalei said...

My goodness, this is horrifying. What ever happened to good old plays that teach compassion, not aggression.

Michelle said...

Totally agree. Too much too soon. Keep the adult stuff for adults. Protect our children - let them play not agressive games.
I remember playing cowboys and indians and cops and robbers but there was no agression - just really bad acting of dying.
This is serious children can be told about some issues but seeing the full extent is harmful to children.

Marthese said...

Yes it is shocking....no wonder certain Teenagers are have got no respect to other piers...if parents allow this sort of activity to happen....

bubbachenille said...

YUK !

Jo said...

This is appalling!