Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mothers Day Gift Ideas

The next big gift event on everyone's calendar is Mothers Day. Which is probably the most IMPORTANT day of the year, isn't it Mums??

Now that I am a Mum myself, the best Mothers Day gift to me is simply the gift of my children. A cuddle in bed and spending time with them is the best. This year Mothers Day is also our 6th wedding anniversary!

But even though we are Mums ourselves, we also have Mums we need to think about on the 9th of May. I thought I might post a couple of gift ideas for you that are not the boring run of the mill shop bought products. And the good thing about purchasing a gift online is that if your Mum lives a distance away and you need to post your gift to her, most small online businesses are more than happy to gift wrap and send direct to the destination (Your Cheeky Monkey included!).

I saw these gorgeous earrings on this post on the Annette Piper Jewelery Blog ~ what a special gift something like this would make for Mum!







And how about these beautiful Hemp Pashmina's from Sustainable Hemp Products... just divine, and available in a range of colours.










And lastly, I just had to throw in my handmade Kitchen Hand Towels - these can be so hard to find, but they are just so handy in the kitchen and everyone loves them. Available in a range of colours and patterns.

4 comments:

BusinessMums said...

I love the look of the pashmina. Will have to add that one to my wish list :)

Annette Piper said...

Thanks for featuring my earrings Monique :)
A hemp pashmina is a wonderful idea and you're right, those kitchen hand towels are hard to find, but ever so useful!

Connect2Mums said...

Love this post Monique lots of great gift ideas and it supports fellow mums!
Peace

Hayden said...

THanks Monique for the post for pashminas. Annette's earrings look devine and I love the hand towels- so easy to hook around teh handles in the kitchen. I still use 2 of them to this day done by my nanna who now isn't with us- so practical

Cheers Michelle (using son's google account0