We have been giving the new Forehead Thermometer plenty of trials in our house. There are so many great features I have made a comprehensive list of the things I liked while using this product:
- The first thing you notice is how easy it is to hold, with a nice big viewing screen. The thermometer felt perfect in my hand but my husband felt it was a bit small for his, although still easy to use (having said that it is usually Mum that would be using the thermometer isn't it).
- There is printed instructions on the handle so if you do need a quick refresher on how to use it, its right there you don't have to muck around finding the box or leaflet.
- Until you use the Vicks Forehead Thermometer, you don't realise just how unique and well thought out the colour coded (traffic light) screen is. Do you remember the cut-offs for normal/high/dangerously high temperature readings? I certainly don't, especially in the middle of the night when I get woken by a sick child. Well this product takes that pressure off straight away, all you need to do is look at the colour of the screen (green = normal, yellow = mild fever, red = high temperature) and you know immediately your child's temperature status.
- So non-invasive, you don't need to disturb a sick or sleeping child to get their temperature by sticking things in their ears or mouth.
- Easy to use if you have a difficult or special needs child.
- As a Mum of 2 I know how easy it is to get flustered and upset when your child is sick, so to have a thermometer on hand that is so easy to use without having to think is certainly peace of mind.
- I love how safe it is to use, even for absolute newborn babies.
- No extra fiddly bits to have to attach/detach, lose or have to buy to use the product.
- The Vicks Forehead Thermometer even has a 'Memory Tracker' which records the last 12 readings - so you can easily tell whether your child's temperature is going up or down.
You can find the Vicks Forehead Thermometers at pharmacies.
And here is the great news for you - Vicks and FGB Natural Products have very kindly offered a prize pack to be offered here at the Your Cheeky Monkey Blog - one of their Vicks Nursery Packs (pictured below) valued at $140!! In this pack is a Vicks Forehead Thermometer and a Grobag Egg.
Entry is easy to be in the running for this amazing Vicks Nursery Pack prize - As a comment here on this blog post, please tell me the ages of your children, if you are pregnant, and a little bit about you and why you would like to win this prize. Please leave a way for me to contact you, or make sure your profile is enabled with an email contact. One entry per person.
This giveaway ends in 2 weeks time, on Sunday 14th March at 9pm Qld time (10pm NSW time). I will draw an entry as the winner using Random.org, prize will be sent directly from FGB Natural Products. Winner will be contacted and announced on this blog.
Australian entries only please.