Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Australia Day!

A quick note to say a big Happy Australia Day to you all, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day however you are celebrating our amazing land. It is super hot today for us where we live, we have spent the morning playing outside early then off to Bunnings (for DH's work) and the butcher (for lamb chops for the BBQ tonight)! Everyone is now happily relaxing watching a movie, leaving a bit of peace and quiet for me.

I am also a proud new Auntie, my husband's sister has just had her third baby... I'm so looking forward to getting the opportunity to go and see them all.

I have drawn the winner of the buyster lighting Eco-friendly lamp giveaway... a big congrats to Renee who won! Renee if you read this please get in contact with me, I have left a comment on your blog but you have no email contact available.

If you haven't heard of it, there is a fantastic etsy fundraising drive on called "Hearts for Haiti" - An amazing idea and apparently raising terrific amounts of money to help re-build Haiti. I saw this in a post at the Annette Piper Jewelery Blog this morning.

Don't forget too any purchase during the month of January from Your Cheeky Monkey goes into the draw to WIN a Magnetic Song Kit from Kids Learning is Fun! Its the perfect time to check out our new CLEARANCE section... great savings to be had on last and discontinued products.

I'm also excited to tell you Your Cheeky Monkey has been accepted to be a sponsor in the Diaper Decisions Nappy Hunt for the third time in a row! It will be running from the 1st - 31st March.

There is a Giveaway on over at Bubba Chenille too you won't want to miss out on :-) Drawn 3rd February so you still have time to get your entries in.

Finally, below is a copy of a fantastic "Working Mum" write-up I had in the Gold Coast Bulletin last week... its always very exciting to be in the paper!

5 comments:

bubbachenille said...

Thanks Monique X Great editorial too !

Thea said...

Congrats on the editorial and becoming a new aunt. Luckily you have so many nice gifts to choose from.

busymum2010 said...

Congrats on the editorial. Great to catch up today too

babygalah said...

Congrats on a great article Monique !!!

PeruArtAustralia said...

Hello Monique!
Wow!. I have just visited again your shop website and saw you won a couple of awards. Congratulations!!!. I have also discovered you have this blog, twitter, and a facebook a/c. I am impressed!. You have been very busy and I can see your business just getting better and better!. Love your blog. Monica Vanthoff (Peru Art Australia).