Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
BEST EVER MACARONI CHEESE
500g packet macaroni pasta
2 T plain flour
2 cups milk
1 cup grated cheese
Small tin creamed corn
About 1 cup diced ham
1 large tomato sliced
Extra ½ cup cheese grated
1. Cook macaroni according to packet instructions
2. In another large saucepan gently melt butter then beat in flour until thickening and bubbly (be careful not to burn)
3. Slowly whisk in milk over medium heat then stir until starting to thicken
4. Stir in a dash of cream, the grated cheese, creamed corn and diced ham
5. Leave on low and stir occasionally until macaroni is cooked
6. Once macaroni is cooked and drained, mix the pasta and sauce together then tip into a large casserole dish
7. Place tomato slices on top of pasta then sprinkle over the extra grated cheese
8. Bake in moderate oven until lightly browned on top (approximately 20 minutes)
9. Allow to cool slightly before serving
Monday, December 28, 2009
Why not check out our SALE PAGE (up to 50% off!), or have a peek at WHAT'S NEW at Your Cheeky Monkey.
Hope you all have a happy New Year!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Jingle bells, jingle bells!
I think its time to wish you all a very safe and happy Christmas! Thank you all so much for your support this year, and I look forward to getting to know everybody better during 2010.
And here is a gorgeous picture of a Stockman and Santa that just sums up Christmas in our wonderful land, it doesn't really need any words does it? Thank you to Annette Piper for sharing this in her Christmas blog post :)
Your Cheeky Monkey will be open through-out the Christmas/New Year period, and I will be posting orders as per our usual policy within 1 business day.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
And deluxe padded change mats in coordinating designs to the nappy wallets.
Still to come this week, a whole new range of our ever popular Finger Puppets, and we are hopefully bringing to you soon some gorgeous breastfeeding necklaces. Keep your eyes peeled!
For all your online shopping for gift ideas & essentials for newborn babies to Mums visit Your Cheeky Monkey now!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Masterchef was one recent TV program that captured the interest and passion of Australia. Recently over at Planning with Kids, the gorgeous Nicole wrote a review on these fantastic new kits for kids from Masterchef - Junior Masterchef Kits. There are 8 different kits all up, including the cake kit (pictured above, which i was lucky enough to win in the Planning with Kids Giveaway!!), a cupcake kit, and even a pizza kit.
The best thing about these is the factor of encouraging kids to get in the kitchen and get creative. My sons always help me bake, but now I can see they will want to be getting out their special kit to bake cakes every day! Oh oh, maybe I'd better find some low-cal recipes!
These would be just perfect for a gift for any little boy or girl - they are practical and fun, and something you know would not get chucked in the back of the cupboard never to be seen again!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Sorry its not very clear in the photo, but the winner is ....... Deb - Two Cheeky Monkeys!!! I have emailed Deb already, hope she is happy with her win :)
Other giveaway news from me includes:
- The Newsletter Subscriber winner from November was only listed as an email address without a name, I have emailed the winner drawn for the $15 voucher and am waiting to hear back.
- I recently ran a giveaway at Australian Baby Card for 3 x $20 vouchers, so a big congratulations to those winners.
- The 'What i wish i knew before i became a mother' promotion ended last night, the lucky winner takes home about $600 in prizes, including a voucher from Your Cheeky Monkey!
- And a set of my handmade Burp Cloths went to Jo in NZ who won the draw last month for the Mums to Be club!!
And still going strong is the Connect 2 Mums Christmas Competition - just by shopping at Your Cheeky Monkey and other great stores you can be in the running for over $300 in prizes!!! Be sure to check out just how easy it is to enter!
Well that's all the giveaway news from me for now (phew!!).... but keep your eyes peeled early January, I will be running a giveaway for the month where every purchase from Your Cheeky Monkey goes into the draw for a fantastic prize!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Jayne Day Nutrimetics
Why not have a quick visit to each one, sign up for their newsletter and a bit of a browse :)
I also received an email from a new online Marketplace a few days ago "Ethikl" inviting me to list some of my handmade products there, which i have been very happy to take up. This is how Ethikl is described:
"In the tradition of a local farmers market, Ethikl caters to small
artisan producers who use organic, natural, or recycled ingredients or
make their products by hand and have limited exposure. Sellers have the
opportunity to set up virtual storefronts to post their wares and share
information. One of the main aims of Ethikl is promote and support the
ethical consumer movement and encourage shoppers to make positive buying
decisions, such as favoring ethical products, be they fair trade, cruelty
free, organic, recycled, re-used, or produced locally."
A great philosophy and it is something I am excited to be involved in!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I just saw a post at the Business Mums Network Blog (see the post HERE) all about offering free colouring sheets through your business. I love this idea and need to get my thinking cap on how to maybe adapt my cheeky monkey logo to a colouring sheet.
Would you use these? Do you think they are a good idea? Why would you use these instead of commercial type ones?
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Cuskiboo - Organic and Fair Trade Cuski Baby Comforter
Blu-ee Cuski Baby Comforter
Pink Googly Eye Bunny
Monday, December 7, 2009
1. I am a big fan of Bosisto's Tea Tree and Eucalyptus products, I have used them for many years as they are so effective for such a wide range of uses, and they are all Australian too.
2. In house full of males you can imagine all these things will come in very handy!
Fit for Life Online runs a giveaway each month, why not pop over there and see what is up for grabs this month?
So a very big thank you to Fit for Life online and FGB for this fantastic prize!
Also don't forget to enter my giveaway which is open until this Friday.... click HERE to enter!
Friday, December 4, 2009
You can find further details at the Christmas Shopping Extravaganza Facebook Page.
I hope to see some of you there :)
Don't forget to purchase your copy of the LITTLE LIGHTS 2010 CALENDAR - All profits are going to the Starlight Foundation, a most worthy cause.
PLUS if you purchase a copy you can get a $5 YCM Voucher - Visit the Little Lights Facebook Page to find out how! Other sponsors also have some great offers.
Have you purchased your copy of WHAT I WISH I KNEW BEFORE I BECAME A MOTHER yet?? Purchase one before the 11th December and your name is in the draw to WIN over $600 in prizes for Christmas!! Get your copy HERE NOW either for yourself or as a perfect gift for a new or expecting Mother.
Finally just a little picture to share with you... I saw this on the EP Designs blog and it got me thinking how much life has changed in the past 100 years. I can't imagine doing all my sewing on a machine like this.. but it is gorgeous isn't it!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Well I'm celebrating and one of you gets to be the winner! Celebrating what you say? Where do I start! I have now hit 100 followers here on my blog, I am at nearly 450 fans on my facebook page, I have been over the moon to win some fantastic awards recently, and Christmas is coming up so I'm feeling generous (as you might have noticed if you had visited my store, every order until Christmas gets a FREE gift!).
I have also won some very lovely prizes myself lately, so its time to pay it forward a little bit.
What I have decided to put together as a giveaway is some great items for Summer:
1 x YCM Kids Fun face cloth with a hand crocheted edge
1 x Bottle Bloc-Bite Sunscreen & Insect Repellent in one (Aussie Made)
1 x Banana's in Pajama's Beach Ball
1 x 'I Heart Your Cheeky Monkey' Key-Ring
How to Enter - You can leave ONE entry as a comment on this post for each of the following:
- Sign up for my Newsletter HERE
- Become a follower of this blog
- Blog about this giveaway and leave post URL as entry
- Tweet about this giveaway including my twitter id @Y_C_Monkey
- Make a purchase at Your Cheeky Monkey