Saturday, November 28, 2009

The perils of working from home..

Last week I had an interview with the Gold Coast Mail. The article was in the paper Thursday 26th November 2009 - on Page 4!!

But I am writing today not to have a little brag (ok, just a little one)... but to tell you a funny story behind all this. The morning the journalist wanted photos to go with this article (ones of me with my products, which I didn't have) there was no-one around to help me take them. My husband was working, and I couldn't get hold of anyone else. So I spent most of the day mucking around with the tripod and timer. It was actually very stressful let me tell you, trying to get it all right and then not to feel like a complete idiot taking photos of myself.

But anyway, the end product was not too bad, and it was a super fantastic article.

Thanks again to the Business Mums Network (Your Cheeky Monkey WON the Parenting Section in the recent Blog Awards), and Connect 2 Mums (Your Cheeky Monkey WON The Most Popular Site in the recent AusMumpreneur Awards)!

7 comments:

Susie said...

Well done Monique, and congrats on receiving the awards. You would make an excellent photographer, it looks very professional. all the best.

Susie x

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thank you too Susie for spotting it for me!!

Peace said...

Monique its a great photo and a great article! I'm so proud of you!! xx

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

And thanks Peace for encouraging me to make fun of myself ;-)

bubbachenille said...

Good on you Monique, Conrats, nothing like some self promo, we do it all the time and this looks great!

MJ said...

Looks great Monkey- love how you keep it real!

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Thanks Miriam and Maree!