Monday, November 30, 2009

The Cloth Pad Movement

I have to admit before I start this blog post that I really only am a very recent convert to Cloth Menstrual Pads. What got me interested was being a sponsor at the Diaper Decisions Nappy Hunt, and seeing not only the other stores that made and stocked them, but also the tide of customer's raving about how wonderful they are to use.

I never really thought about cloth pads before, they do seem rather dark ages don't they? And having to wash them all too each month rather than just so conveniently throwing them in the rubbish bin.

So anyway I took the plunge and purchased some Twinkle Lily cloth menstrual pads, and thought best case scenario I never have to buy menstrual products again, worst case I would hate them and that would be that money down the drain.

Ok so can I now use the word addictive? Because that is what I think cloth pads are. They are just so soft and gentle against your skin, and really surprising easy to use, just place in a small soak bucket in the laundry then throw them in with the rest of the wash. And BEST of all, they are wonderful for your budget (never buy menstrual products again after your initial investment), and for the environment (just think how much rubbish you are not throwing away each month clogging up the landfills).

So to make a long story short, I just had to stock Twinkle Lily at Your Cheeky Monkey - not only because I fell in love with the products, but because they are all Hand Made right here in Australia. And we all need to support each other don't we.

Find Twinkle Lily Cloth Menstrual Pads {HERE} and Twinkle Lily Cloth Breast Pads {HERE}

And join the Cloth Pad Movement with me!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Cloth pads rock!! The Twinkle Lilly ones look gorgeous too :)

Piper + Lily said...

Ooh, I always wondered about those (I only heard of them when I started looking into cloth nappies for my eldest) & was always a little curious but had never heard about anyone who had actually used them. I may have to try them out!

~Sally~ said...

Thanks to the GDUNH I'm a convert too! Only thing is I still havent got my period back after having Tristan (now 5 months)

In a sad way I'm bummed.. I wanna use my pads! LOL

bubbachenille said...

I'm a bit scared to use them, there it is, I'm putting it out there! I use knitted or crotched dishcloths and I dont buy tissues any more, but dont know if I can come at this. Do you soak them in nappysan like you do cloth nappies ?

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Cold water is fine to soak them in, and then you can even use the nutrient rich soak water on the garden!