Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Winter Baking

Here is a really yummy recipe that I grew up with, it is an old family recipe that has been passed down through the generations! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Station Brownie Loaf

In a saucepan place:

500g sultanas
2 c water
2 c sugar
2 T butter

Bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes. Cool mixture, then add:

750g sifted flour
1 heaped t baking soda
pinch salt
½ t ground cloves
1 t spice

Divide into 2 lined loaf tins (or use the silicone type ones), bake in moderate oven (180) for about 1 hour.

Serve warm or cold slices with butter. YUM! Perfect for a cold winter's day afternoon tea.

1 comment:

Rosey said...

Yum! Sounds like something my nana used to make for morning tea. I am trying to cook more things from scratch this year (having always been a packet kinda gal!) so I'll definitely give this a go. :-)